Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Dating myself ... the begining

[September 6th, 2014]
I decided to go on a date with myself.  I need to get to know *me* again before I can even think about dating anyone else.  So I dressed up (yes, you have to look fantastic ... even if you're only dating yourself).  The date started after the wasband came and picked up the kids.

I get to be *me* ... the me I always wanted to be ... the me who has been hiding since college.

I headed to the movies first ... I thoroughly enjoyed "Guardians of the Galaxy".  I could sit wherever I wanted, and stay after and watch ALL the credits (the wasband never would let me).

Next on the agenda ... I headed to Five Guys for a burger and fries.

Clearly, it was delicious.

What's a date without some dessert?  Baskin Robbins is my favorite.  My grandparents owned one while I was growing up, it will always hold a special place in my heart.  Best ice cream EVER.  I've done things just to get some BR ice cream (including kissing the bassist for the band "Homegrown", totally funny story!!)

Back home to relax and watch some tv while I waited for the wasband to bring the kids back.

Overall, it was a great date and I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

1 comment:

  1. Now I wanna date myself, too! It sounds so delightful and self-indulgent.

    ReplyDelete