Friday, September 26, 2014

Dating myself ... 2nd date

[September 20th, 2014]
So I went on a date with myself again today ... gotta admit my patience and happy attitude were being tested ... but I persevered.  Today was much harder than the last time.
Wasband picked up the kids late ... and then wouldn't leave my house ... so I got off on a rocky start.

I decided to check out a local Mexican restaurant.  You KNOW it's gonna be good when the menu is *only* in Spanish and there aren't any white people there.  I ordered carne asada tacos and horchata. It was fantastic.  I'll be going back, promise.

Then i headed to the movies ... I got there early and picked exactly where I wanted to sit (I'm a bit particular) ... as the theater filled up there remained 1 empty seat to one side and 2 to the other ... a mother and daughter asked if the 2 next to me were empty and I said yes. They sat down. Then her husband and son showed up, she told them she only got 2 and they'll have to sit elsewhere in the theater. 

I got up and moved (leaving the other extra seat and my own) so the family could sit together.
Easier for 1 person to find a seat, than a family of 4 ... I'm glad i could do that for them

After the movie I went to grab a burger (from the Habit), I ordered and then went to find a place to sit. The only empty table in the entire restaurant was a table for 6. I sat down and started reading and I overhear a group of teenagers talking about trying to find a place to sit. So I scan and find a table for 2 that is now empty. 

I pick up my things and move. They gratefully sit down. The youngest (maybe a little brother?) asks me how my day is going, he was sweet [first person to talk to me while I was out]. His sister complimented me on my shoes. I smiled and thanked her and they turned and enjoy their meal, laughing and eating.
My lesson learned: sometimes we have to move and adjust our original plans, and that's okay.
Normally having to change or adjust would have made me sad (thinking about being alone or not having anyone to share the movie or meal with) ... but honestly i enjoyed myself. and was glad i could accommodate those around me who did have larger group

Maybe it affected me more than I realized ... as I relayed the events to my mom the following day I cried.  It's hard being alone sometimes.

2 comments:

  1. No day can be too bad when you're wearing Chucks. Particularly awesome knee highs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a kind woman to be aware of those around you, and make their days each better.

    Just keep swimming.
    Yaya

    ReplyDelete